Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Right Person

Some people asked me, " How do I know if that person likes me? How do I know if that person is right for me?".

Honestly, I can't really answer that question because it is a matter of the heart and it is not the same with everyone as there can be many factors involved. But what I do know is that when it comes to men, men would work their ass off if they like a woman, while women would always stick to their man if they know that the man is the person that they want to be with.

How do you know that a man really likes a woman? He works for it. Men do not usually show their affection through words but what they lack in words they compensate with actions instead. As a man myself, I know that if a man really likes a woman, he would try to win her heart and this includes trying to make her happy, even if it means that you have to lose that game at the arcade so that she can mock you afterwards (and most probably she knows that you lost intentionally, but who cares, as long as she can revel in that moment of glory) or that the man would always be the one who text her first and not making her waiting for replies. Or he would work hard in getting to know her family and making sure that he remembers their name, so that he won't make a stupid mistake later. That is in the process of getting to know each other, of course. But when it comes to getting married, men should still work hard even though he knows that she would want to marry him. There is no such thing as letting your guards down. So I am not so sure what is the fuss about duit hantaran for weddings, as long as it does not come to a point where the man can barely afford it lah. While I do think that the amount asked should be appropriate to that man's ability to provide, the man should  try to fulfill the request, as long as it is not ridiculously high and disproportionate to that man's income. I mean if that man can at least try  to fulfill that request, we know that the man will do what it takes to get married to that woman.

We know the old age phrase that, " Behind every successful man, there is a woman" which really sums it up nicely : Women would always stick to their man, even during their ups and down. I have seen so many women having a husband who I would categorise as a total douche but these women won't just leave them and would still be with their husband, which really left me flabbergasted when there are so many better men out there. I guess this is one of the characteristics of women, they will always be with their man no matter that the place that they live is like hell rather than heaven. I personally know a couple, the man was ( I really hope I'm using the correct tense here) a drug addict. The woman is a very nice woman, always smiling though sometimes when I look at her, I know that she is in much pain. So they got married, which I thought is good because his wife might be able to guide her  and that he might be able to shake off his old habits because he is a family man now. But of course, old habits are like Bruce Willis movies, they don't seem wanting to die easily. So he was involved in a lot of run ins with the cops, brought to correctional centres and was even involved in some thefts. But even with everything that had happened, she persevered and she stayed with the husband of hers and not leaving him all alone. After few years, after two or three kids, he seems better now and I guess he has learned his lesson. At the same time, she is still with him, not leaving him even during his darkest hours. This is the type of woman who really loves her man and you can't ask for a more solid proof than that.

Not everyone has the chance to be in love, especially true love. True love, is like ghosts. So many people talk about it, but only a few have actually encountered it. So if someone does not know to appreciate what one has, that is actually that person's loss. A big loss, I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment